This page is under review as part of our Spring 2023 web site update. You may wish to check the Summer Session program for summer fiddle information.
Saturday Fiddle Club is on Hold for 2023
This year of 2021-2022, we’re offering The Saturday Fiddle Club.
Fiddle Club Schedules & Tuition – 2021-2022
- Saturdays 11:00 to 12:30
- In Worcester at 10 Irving Street (All Saints Church)
- Once monthly, select months September 2021 – May 2022
- Open to all ages and levels starting at late Suzuki Book 1 * (and up)
- Class size limited to 12
*If you take lessons but do not play out of a Suzuki method book, please email Amy@pakmusic.org. Amy can help assess readiness for younger students.
[button id=”” button_text=”Register Here” button_link=”https://pakmusic.org/fiddle-registration/” link_open=”_blank” button_icon=”” button_align=”” button_size=”small” button_style=”default” margin_top=”0 ” href_title=”Fiddle Club Registration Form”]
More About Fiddle Club
Each meeting will include sharing, learning and jamming.
- Sharing: Play a favorite fiddle tune or song for the group – alone or with others. Listen to learn.
- Learn a Tune: We will split into smaller groups by level. Recordings of tunes are sent out in advance so that students can listen and get inspired. We teach the tunes by ear.
- Jam! We’ll come back together as a full group and each student can start a tune. Those who know the tune, can join in.
Winter/Spring 2022 Class Schedule
- February 5
- March 19
- April 16
- May 14
If you cannot attend all four sessions, you can pick your available dates on the registration form.
$100 for all four meetings. $25 per meeting. Advance registration required.
Open to All Ages and Levels
We’ll pre-screen new students to assist with placement. Students should be able to learn by ear. Pre-Screening is quick and easy, and helps us assess if you will fit into a group or might need additional preparation to be ready.
Here is a sampling our fiddlers from December 2017
New to Fiddle ?
Not sure if you are a fit? Please email email@example.com and we’ll connect you with a teacher who can help assess your level.
Fiddle Club, in addition to providing a fun opportunity for students to play together and make friends, is an outreach ensemble providing performance opportunities. Some weekend concert dates may be requested.
Amy Matherly and Marilyn Butler.
What to Expect
Why Fiddle Club may be for You:
- A great way to enjoy ensemble playing and work with a collaborative/congenial group of violinists without needing to make a significant scheduling commitment.
- These groups generally perform at least once each season. This might include a performance at a school recital, an online pre-recorded performance, and sometimes an additional outreach, off-site performance.
- In past years, we’ve been featured in concerts at Old Sturbridge Village, Worcester Art Museum, the Hanover Theatre, the Fitchburg Public Library Performing Arts Series, Mechanics Hall, at First Night Worcester, and for Pakachoag fundraising events.
Here’s is a sampling of a Spring 2016 performance.
Fiddling Around The World
There are many different styles of fiddling. This Fiddle Styles web page provides an interesting listing of various fiddle styles.-