We’ll update this page in late summer regarding fiddle group plans for 2023-2024.
Sometimes we meet once a month on Saturdays. Sometimes, fiddle students gather every other week on a Friday evening.
Saturday Sample Schedule
Here’s some basic informaton as to what a Saturday schedule might include.
- Saturdays 11:00 to 12:30
- In Worcester at 10 Irving Street (All Saints Church)
- Once monthly, select months September to May
- Open to all ages and levels starting at late Suzuki Book 1 * (and up)
- Class size limited to 12
*If you take lessons but do not play out of a Suzuki method book, please email Amy@pakmusic.org. Amy can help assess readiness for younger students.
When we meet, each meeting includes sharing, learning and jamming.
- Sharing: Play a favorite fiddle tune or song for the group – alone or with others. Listen to learn.
- Learn a Tune: We will split into smaller groups by level. Recordings of tunes are sent out in advance so that students can listen and get inspired. We teach the tunes by ear.
- Jam! We’ll come back together as a full group and each student can start a tune. Those who know the tune, can join in.
Subject to update.
In 2o22, $25 per meeting. Advance registration required.
Open to All Ages & Levels
We’ll pre-screen new students to assist with placement. Students should be able to learn by ear. Pre-Screening is quick and easy, and helps us assess if you will fit into a group or might need additional preparation to be ready.
New to Fiddle ?
Not sure if you are a fit? Please email email@example.com and we’ll connect you with a teacher who can help assess your level.
Fiddle Club, in addition to providing a fun opportunity for students to play together and make friends, is an outreach ensemble providing performance opportunities. Some weekend concert dates may be requested.
Why Fiddle Club May be For You
- A great way to enjoy ensemble playing and work with a collaborative/congenial group of violinists without needing to make a significant scheduling commitment.
- These groups generally perform at least once each season. This might include a performance at a school recital, an online pre-recorded performance, and sometimes an additional outreach, off-site performance.
- In past years, we’ve been featured in concerts at Old Sturbridge Village, Worcester Art Museum, the Hanover Theatre, the Fitchburg Public Library Performing Arts Series, Mechanics Hall, at First Night Worcester, and for Pakachoag fundraising events.